Friday, October 31, 2008

DylanTube Bob Dylan - In The Garden, Live in 1980

I started getting into Bob in about 2001 and it took me until last year to find that his Christian work is the most compelling he has done - in my opinion anyway. There is no doubt that Bob Dylan was very high off Christianity, possessed by God and on a mission to sing these songs. I’m sure these songs would have easily come to Bob Dylan after the overload of information he received during Bible School. This was clearly a very important part of Dylan’s life. CLICK HERE to read more

1 comment:

Josh Lobley said...

Great Dylan blog here! I love Bob's Gospel music and I put it right up there. Just letting you know I have added a link to Dylan Devotional on my website DylanTube.
God Bless,
Josh

“The highest form of song is prayer.”
-Bob Dylan

STOCKHOLM 04.05.2002


Just a few days after performing at the 2002 Grammy's, Bob Dylan recorded a new re-write of "Gonna Change My Way of Thinking" for "Gotta Serve Somebody: The Gospel Songs of Bob Dylan" with longtime friend Mavis Staples. One month later he would kick off a new tour in Stockholm Sweden and perform Solid Rock (what many consider the theme song to his gospel era concerts) for the first time in 20 years. Dylan would continue to perform this rousing song as well as other gospel era songs at numerous concerts across Europe and beyond. The two-time Grammy nominated compilation would be released on Sony/Columbia one year later on April 1, 2003.



Sinead O'Connor - Property Of Jesus